If you don’t have a Kindle, not to worry. You can read any Kindle book on your PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad or Android device, you just need the free Kindle app. Click on the device name below for simple step-by-step directions to get it.
- CLICK THIS LINK to download the Kindle program for your PC.
- If you’re using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, it will ask if you want to run or save the file, just RUN it. That will install the program.
- If you’re using Google Chrome it will download to the lower left corner of your screen, then click on the file to install it.
- If you’re using Firefox it will ask you if you want to save the file, click on “Save File” and when it’s down downloading up in the upper right part of your Firefox window you’ll see the blue arrow pointing down. Click on the arrow and click on the first file to install the Kindle program.
- When the installation is complete an Amazon sign-in window will appear: enter your Amazon account and password and click on “Sign In” (if you don’t have an Amazon account, then click on the gray “Create your Amazon account” button to create your account.)
- Once you’re signed in if you have purchased Kindle books previously they will show up in your Library.
Yep, it’s a video but the steps are basically the same…
- Once you’re signed in to the Kindle App any Kindle books previously purchased will show up in your Library.
Go to the App store on your iPhone or iPad
Search for “Kindle” in the App Store
You’ll see the Kindle app by Amazon, click on “Get”, enter your Apple ID and password to download it.
When you’re successful, you’ll see the Kindle icon on your screen.
Open the Google Play store app on your device. Click on the magnifying glass and search for Amazon Kindle.
Click Install to download it onto your phone/device.
When it is finished downloading click on “Open”
Enter your Amazon account and password and click on “Sign In” (if you don’t have an Amazon account, then click on the gray “Create your Amazon account” button to create your account.)
If you’re an Amazon Prime customer they will try to get you to sign up for “Kindle Unlimited”, you don’t have to and can skip that. Then you’ll be at your library (if you’ve purchased books before.)